Aleksanterin Kirkko (Alexander church) is a church in Tampere, Finland.
"The architecture of Alexander Church most closely resembles the neo-Gothic style, with influences from other styles.
The church was named after Russian Emperor Alexander II because the foundation stone was laid on the day of his 25th anniversary in power, 2 March 1880. The church was consecrated during Advent in 1881.
Alexander Church became the main church of the Tampere parish when the construction work was completed in 1881, which had been the second basic condition for the independence of the parish. It was quickly dubbed the “New Church” among the people.
The first renovation of the church started in 1937, but a fire destroyed nearly everything when the work was all but finished. The renovation was taken up again immediately, and consequently the exterior was renewed, receiving its current appearance. The renovation was completed in December 1938."